Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Project Revamp #4

This was for an independent study project. I was to do the layout for the schools literary journal, Metaphor. Earlier editions had been laid out by people in the english department and lacked organization and readibility.
In a short amount of time I had to create the layout. Although I did not design the cover I did, with the artist permission alter it, changing the font used and adding a few elements to make the design more appealing.




This is one of the inside spreads of the journal. Simplistic in its look, but very clean and legible












I also came up with having a retrospective section in the journal to commemorate the 30th edition. This was the front page of the section using all past edition covers.


So in laying out the journal with impovements to be made on previous editions, I guess you could consider this a project revamp

No comments:

Post a Comment